Anna Swanson has paid the rent by planning festivals, selling books, serving drinks, making maps, walking on stilts, bowling with teenagers, writing press releases, and watching for forest fires. She studied creative writing at the University of Victoria and the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Her first book of poetry, The Nights Also, won a Lambda Literary Award and the Gerald Lampert Award. She grew up in Vancouver, and now lives in St. John’s, NL, where she works as a librarian.
- CBC Poetry Prize shortlist, 2015
- Arc Poem of the Year, Shortlist & Editor’s Choice, 2015
- Lambda Award for Lesbian Poetry, 2011
- Gerald Lampert Award for best first book of poetry by a Canadian, 2011
- Lina Chartrand Award for Poetry (CV2), 2009
- PRISM International Student Poetry Contest, First Place, 2007
- Bronwen Wallace Award for Poetry, Honourable Mention, 2004